GIP offers a comprehensive range of investigative services for both geotechnical and geo-environmental projects, whether for small, individual sites or for complex multi-acre developments, requiring multiple exploratory techniques and analysis.
Our ability to offer the full range of services, from our own in-house drilling crews, through to our teams of technicians and geo-environmental engineers and the use of fully accreditted and well respected laboratory services, means that we are able to manage projects in their entirety for our clients.
We offer a one stop shop for the smallest to the largest projects, from the drilling of the first borehole to the production of interpretative reports and the completion of remedial design works.
Geotechnical risks are identified at the outset of a project and GIP's engineering geologists will then develop appropriate investigations of the site and produce effective design solutions to minimise or, where possible, eliminate these risks.
Geotechnical services include :-
- Interpretative reporting
- Desk study reporting
- Foundation engineering and design
- Slope stability including soil nailing
- Ground stabilisation
- Remediation strategies
- Earthworks design
Geo-environmental services include:-
- Site specific environmental risk assessment
- Factual and interpretative reports including recommendations and solutions
- Contaminated land surveys
- Supervision of remedial works
- Post remediation surveys
- Waste acceptance criteria (WAC) testing
- Quantative risk assessment including reference to CLEA, RBCA, R&D 20, and SNIFFER
- Regulatory consultation
- Planning application support
- Waste management strategies