A thorough, in-depth desk study, researching previous land usage and assessing potential geotechnical and geo-environmental issues is a fundamental part of any site investigation.
Often commissioned by a client as part of a pre-purchase land survey.
Using a range of databases, GIP's engineers are able to produce concise and comprehensive desk studies as a prerequisite of many site investigations.
Data sources include :-
- Historic land use maps
- In-house published geological maps and memoirs
- Review of Local Authority and Environment Agency landfill sites and groundwater resources
- British Geological Society and Coal Authority records
- Air Photography
- Enquiries to Local Planning Authorities and Building Control Departments
- Radon Risk Reports
- Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Preliminary and Detailed Risk Assessments